Friday, January 28, 2011

Just letting it simmer for now

DRAFT UNO OF ARTIST'S STATEMENT:

As a photographer it is hard to lose your sense of "self" because there are other professions in the photo world. Although I may fail, I find that continuing to shoot photos no matter what can lead the mind in a direction that it is pleased with. I let my eye take control of my work. I am always looking for the decisive moment by fixing eternity in an instant, similar to Cartier-Bresson’s ideology.


I take Cartier-Bresson’s “decisive moment” and conceptualize my photographs with an alter ego. Through a body of work I can create my own world with 20 or so photographs where I play god, by recreating those moments through subtle manipulation. I want to challenge the reader’s thought on reality and how it may or not be by how it looks from the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment